Printed Copies of Uncontrolled Online Documentation

ecidade at zoominternet.net ecidade at zoominternet.net
Tue Feb 20 16:29:13 PST 2007

   Hello Fellow Framers and Acrobats alike

   Back into= technical writing once more after a hiatus of almost 3 years and
   am pos= ed with a question I know has been answered once but for the life of
   me= cannot locate the answer:

   Scenario:

       1. I create a document in FrameMaker which is rendered to a PDF and= posted
       on a website.
    2. When viewing the PDF online, it look= s okay, nothing remarkable....page
       after page of outstanding content.
    3. When printing the PDF, either at the bottom or top or "somewh= ere"
       appears a statement such as "Pursuant to company policy,= this is an
       Uncontrolled Copy of the XYZ Manual"

   Questi= on:

   Using only the available tools I have:  Fram= eMaker 7.1 and Acrobat 5.5,
   how can I make this happen?

   I know I've seen this somewhere but as I said, after 3 years away= , I can't
   remember.

   Assistance rendered will rece= ive credit via embedded metadata.

   All the best!

   Eduardo