Printed Copies of Uncontrolled Online Documentation

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Wed Feb 21 06:22:59 PST 2007

Eduardo,

You wrote:

 > 1. I create a document in FrameMaker which is rendered to a PDF and posted
 >    on a website.
 > 2. When viewing the PDF online, it looks okay, nothing remarkable....page
 >    after page of outstanding content.
 > 3. When printing the PDF, either at the bottom or top or "somewhere"
 >    appears a statement such as "Pursuant to company policy, this is an
 >    Uncontrolled Copy of the XYZ Manual"

 > Question:
 > Using only the available tools I have:  FrameMaker 7.1 and Acrobat 5.5,
 > how can I make this happen?

-- In Acrobat, add a form field (type = text field) with the text and
formatting you like.
In the field properties, you'll be able to choose between: visible |
visible, not printed | hidden | hidden, printed
(I don't have easy access to Acrobat 5.0.5, so cannot quote the specific
labels).

-- Choose "hidden but printed".

-- Duplicate the field to all other pages (can done with one action through
the menu).

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants
FM-to-PDF Assistants: Navigation, Form, Presentation, Multimedia & 3D