Frame's future

Guy K. Haas guy at hiskeyboard.com
Sat Feb 24 10:54:10 PST 2007

The document was about Adobe products and whether they "support Vista".
> Q. Does Adobe FrameMaker 7.2 run on Windows Vista? Does Adobe plan to update it
> for Windows Vista support?
> A. Adobe FrameMaker 7.2 and earlier do not support Windows Vista. However, Adobe
> currently plans to release the next major version of FrameMaker for Windows Vista.

So, their phrasing does not make clear whether

   FrameMaker 7.2 does not work at all on Vista
or
   Certain parts of FrameMaker 7.2 do not work on Vista.

Similarly, it's not clear whether

   The next major version of FrameMaker will work ONLY on Windows Vista,
   but not earlier version.
or
   The next major version of FrameMaker will work properly on Windows
   Vista AND on (certain?) earlier versions.

I see nothing that spells out "FrameMaker does not work at all...". Has
anyone TRIED it and reported this?

--Guy K. Haas
   Software Exegete in Silicon Valley