Frame's future

Mark Barratt markb at textmatters.com
Sat Feb 24 15:23:06 PST 2007

Guy K. Haas wrote:
> The document was about Adobe products and whether they "support Vista".

[snip]

> I see nothing that spells out "FrameMaker does not work at all...". Has
> anyone TRIED it and reported this?

Been running FM 7.2 on Vista for a few weeks now. None of my Type 1
fonts work (which I expected - ATM Pro doesn't appear to work).
Otherwise, no problems at all. Even generates PDFs nicely (Acro pro 7).

Other problems with Vista, though - device drivers, mainly, and
seriously-worse general performance. I have also had the Blue Screen of
Death once, which I haven't seen on a Windows box since NT.

--
Mark Barratt
Text Matters

Information design: we help explain things using
language | design | systems | process improvement
phone +44 (0)118 986 8313  email markb at textmatters.com
skype mark_barratt  web http://www.textmatters.com