Book update takes too long

Reng, Winfried Dr. wreng at tycoint.com
Tue Feb 27 06:16:57 PST 2007

Hi,

I inherited a book with 35 files and 160 pages. When I update
the book (or rename a file or update the file info etc.), this
takes 1 to 2 minutes. That's _much_ longer than similar books.
Printing, however, is normal. There aren't excessive numbers
of cross-references in there. Only lots of tables. Everything
is on my local drive.

I already checked the MIF file. Nothing uncommon.

Does anyone know why the book update takes such long? It seems
as if each file in the book would be opened _very_ often.

Probably the fastest would be to just recreate the book ...

Best regards

Winfried