Book update takes too long

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Tue Feb 27 06:56:18 PST 2007

The easiest solution to slow book updates is to take a minute
to use the Open All Files in Book command to open everything
*before* you start doing book-level updates. Simply hold down
Shift before pulling down the File menu, and you'll see that all
the familiar single-file commands have changed to operate on
"all files in book".

Just remember that you'll need to save all the files after doing
the book update to refresh the page numbering and paragraph
numbering as stored in the files.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ