Frame's future @ Mac/UNIX

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Wed Feb 28 07:46:34 PST 2007

Although MacOS X has UNIX underpinnings, the difficult
stuff relating to user interfaces, font access, output,
etc. is all exclusive to MacOS X and has no real similarity
to Solaris, the other platform on which FrameMaker is still
supported (other than Windows). And of course, you have
differences in processor instruction sets (Sun's processors
versus Gx or Mactel).

	- Dov