Frame's future

quills at airmail.net quills at airmail.net
Wed Feb 28 18:59:19 PST 2007

At 6:53 AM -0800 2/28/07, John Posada wrote:
>  > a real PC, since most of us have lost the appetite for Adobe
>>  software, we'd rather use something else, and MadCap's Blaze looks
>>  promising.
>
>Let's see if I got this right.
>
>Adobe used to suppot MAC but does no longer, so we're pissed.
>Therefore, we'll go to a company who has never acknowledged us for an
>untested product "that looks promising", simply because we're pissed
>at the other guy.
>
>And this is the justification upon which you spend your company's
>money?
>
>Shame on you.
>
>John Posada
>Senior Technical Writer

Considering how most companies spend their money on the latest fad,
or hot idea that the V.P. in charge suddenly is convinced is the way
to go (usually without much real investigation), I don't see what the
problem is.

Considering that most companies are still using Windows XP and in
some cases are only now switching to it from W2K, and how most IT
departments are  not supporting workflows with an eye to making work
easier for us, I don't really see that there is a rush to real
cost-effectiveness. Why not look around for alternatives?

Scott