Translators

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 09:25:37 PST 2007

FM saves directly as .rtf, Word's transportable format. So that's the
easiest way to go.

Note that several companies offer FM-to-RTF filtering packages that
out perform the native FM filters. I use omsys.com's MIF2Go package
for this and for generating help files.

Note also that you may run into problems with some upper order
character glyphs becasue Word supports Unicode but FM does not.

Art

On 1/3/07, Andersen, Verner Engell VEA <verner.andersen at radiometer.dk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are migrating from MS Word to Framemaker. Many of our 22 translators will use FrameMaker or Trados S-tagger. Some, however, will only us MS Word as they cannot or will not learn a new tool.
>
> How do we give them a Word file?
>
> Should we convert from the English Framemaker master files to Word?
>
> Should we buy Adobe Acrobat 8 and convert the pdf file generated from Framemaker to Word?
>
> or do you have another solution.
>

> Verner Andersen
> Technical Writer
>
> Radiometer Medical ApS