Marginal Gloss

Fri Jan 5 11:26:31 PST 2007

Fabio Di Francesco wrote:

> I'm a fairly new FrameMaker user and most of what I know is
> self-thought, so I'm sure I'll find Frameusers quite helpful.
> My document has one text flow and room for sideheads on the
> left hand side of the page. This is where I'd like to insert
> a marginal gloss that is connected to the body text on the
> right and moves along with the text when editing. What is the
> most effective way to go about this? So far, I've placed text
> frames inside anchored frames. Is there another way?

You can define a paragraph format for this purpose (mine is called
NoteSidehead). In the Paragraph Designer, go to rhe Pagination tab.
Under Format, choose Side Head - Alignment First Baseline (experiment
with the other Alignment options if you like). This pgf will sit
entirely in the sidehead area. The pgf that follows it in the flow will
appear in the text column to the right of it.

Another option is a two-column borderless table, but if you have room
for sideheads turned on in your flow, you might as well define a pgf
format to use it. :-)

HTH!
Richard

------