More on indexing in Framemaker

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 13 06:28:50 PST 2007

At 10:10 +0200 13/1/07, Rob Shell wrote:

>I look forward to the time when indexing can be automated to the point where an 8 point font could say, indicate "mention only"; italics could indicate, "ref in footnote", bold main reference, etc.. I do realise this is a long way away.

Rob, I don't know whether you're working on PC or Mac, but judicious use of a macro package can take a lot of the work out of building index markers in FrameMaker. Cheaper than IXGen.

Also, take a look at IndexTools Professional from Silicon Prairie:

<http://www.siliconprairiesoftware.com/Products.html>

--
Steve