Substituting a check box for a bullet in FrameMaker

Rene Stephenson rinnie1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 12:18:30 PST 2007

Karyn,

  I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but the way we handle it is:
  1. Set up a new character format using the desired font that contains the kind of checkbox you want to use.
  2. Set up a new paragraph format using autonumbering with the character  format you set up in step 1 and with the keystroke required for the  desired bullet in the autonumber format field.

  Be careful the font you choose for the bullet, because the size  required for the bullet to be as large as you want versus the size you  use for the font of the paragraph itself can have some odd effects on  the line spacing and vertical centering of the bullet by the paragraph  text.

  Good luck!
  Rene

Karyn Hunt <Karyn.Hunt at scalix.com> wrote:  Hi All,

   I want to put a check box in front of a list of items to create a
checklist. How can I do this in FrameMaker? My first thought was to
substitute a box for bullets, but is that possible? And if so, how is it
done? Or is there another way to accomplish this?

Karyn