How long to learn FrameScript?

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 23 02:03:33 PST 2007

At 11:45 -0800 22/1/07, Diane Gaskill wrote:

>I'm considering asking my manager to buy FrameScript for me and I have to
>justify it of course.  Does anyone have any data on how long it takes to
>become reasonably proficient using it. I have 4 years of sw dev experience
>and 15 years of FM experience.

I have a parallel question, if I may, which is probably one for Rick.

FrameScript for Apple Mac still exists but is locked into a version two major releases behind the current one (2 vs. 4). My question is whether FrameScript 2 can do useful things and is worth bothering about, or whether Mac FrameMaker users interested in FrameSCript should wait until the entire Mac/FrameMaker thing is resolved by virtualization, emulation, sidegrade or whatever.

--
Steve