How long to learn FrameScript?

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 23 08:33:00 PST 2007

I'm wary of script languages generally because of the 'macro trap'. This is my term for a syndrome I noticed when I was a manager in the computer industry. It's real easy to think, 'Right, this is a tedious process, but I can automate it with a script and save *tons* of time'... and then spend twice as long developing and testing the automation than it would have taken to do the task manually in the first place ;-)

I've even fallen into the macro trap myself... once, slightly scarily, with electronic *hardware*, during my postgrad research.

I'm sure Rick never does this, though ;-)

--
Steve