Place graphics frame in anchored frame?

Wed Jan 24 14:25:56 PST 2007

Robert Shelton wrote:

> I'm working with an inherited document. It has a graphics
> frame, which I would like to either convert to an anchored
> frame or place in an anchored frame so it will flow correctly
> with the text around it. I can't find any way to do this.
> What am I missing?

1. With the text cursor in the pgf where you want to anchor the anchored
frame, select Special > Anchored Frame.

2. In the dialog, set the anchoring position and size (big enough for
your graphic frame), and click New Frame.

3. Click the border of the graphics frame to select it and cut it (Ctrl
+ x).

4. Click the border of the destination anchored frame to select it and
paste the graphics frame (Ctrl + v). FM inserts it into the anchored
frame, centered horizontally and vertically. Resize the anchored frame
and realign the graphics frame as needed.

HTH!
Richard

------
Richard G. Combs