Weird Frame to PDF problem

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 08:16:14 PST 2007

Gillian,

Given that the problem seems to be in Acrobat and not Frame, what
version of acrobat are you running?

When you say you're trying to "resave," does this mean that you've
modified the .PDF and are trying to save it back to the same file
name, or something else?

Have you posted or browsed Adobe's Acrobat user forum?

Art

On 1/26/07, Gillian Flato <gflato at nanometrics.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I have a typical Frame Book with .fm files in it. When I save it to PDF
> in a new folder, it's fine. When I try to resave, I get the following
> message:
>
> >>"Adobe PDF" cannot access the file because it is un use by another
> application or process:
>
> G:\\blah\blah\blah\mypdf.pdf
>
> Verify that the file is not open by another application or process and
> try again.>>
>
> It's weird because no one else is accessing the file and it's not open
> by any other program.
>
> My IT guy looked at the file and said that there was no security info on
> it. The only way he could break the link to the PDF so I could delete it
> was to reboot the server. I am working on a network drive.
>
> Does this give anyone any ideas? As we get toward release time, I am
> constantly rebuilding this PDF. This problem is really hosing me up.
>

> Thank you,
>

> <mailto:gflato at nanometrics.com>
>
> Gillian Flato
>
> Technical Writer (Software)