High quality images

Mon Jan 29 16:15:27 PST 2007

Matt Sullivan wrote:

> For screen captures, my clients have the best success simply
> pasting from SnagIt, or their application of choice. As the
> files would almost never be modified in a bitmap editor, but
> simply re-captured, the image on disk is a bit redundant.

Importing by reference is _far_ better than pasting, IMHO. The graphics
file on disk isn't "redundant" because it's the only instance that
exists. The docs contain only a link to that file, not the graphic
itself. Then, when the screen changes, I just replace the graphics file,
and the doc is automatically updated. If the same screen shot appears in
several places, I don't have to remember them all -- just replace the
one file that's referenced in each place.

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer