High quality images

T.W. Smith techwordsmith at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 19:34:25 PST 2007

Hi,

CAVEAT: Dov does not like this content, and I respect his judgement.
Nonetheless, I believe there's good information here on the whole. two
points:

1) Take a look at Screen Captures 102 here:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/magazine/technical/screencapgraphicshomepage.html
.

2) Drawing software tells me you're using vectors and want to use EPS
instead of rasters like PNG, GIF, TIFF, etc.

Cheers,

Sean

On 1/29/07, Jon Harvey <JHarvey at cambridgesoft.com> wrote:

> Dov,
>
> I tried this. FrameMake imports the tif as an empty graphic frame with
> the image file name in it. The image can be activated but only in a
> graphics program. And, what you see in FM is the same as you get in the
> PDF. Unless there is something I can't get FM 7.2 on Windows to display
> the TIF with LZW compression.
>
> BTW, high quality imaging is an important subject to me since my company
> creates drawing software. Our images HAVE to look good. What am I
> missing here?
>
> Jon Harvey
> Manager, Desktop Documentation
>
> CambridgeSoft Corporation