Problem with Bookmarks in PDFs coming from structured framemaker documents (bis)

Nollet, Lodewijk (Gent) Lodewijk.Nollet at sgs.com
Wed Jan 31 03:06:46 PST 2007

Hello all,

Structured Framemaker-to-PDF problem, noticed using 7.0 and 7.2.

We use "head" elements as headers of generic "sections".

The layout of the "head" depends on the context and is defined with a
"level rule" in the EDD.
All levels also have a context label Level1, Level2 etc. defined in the
EDD.

We use the head(Level1), head(Level2) and head(Level3) elements to
construct our table of contents.

In the generated, unstructured table of contents we have forseen styles
head(Level1)TOC,
head(Level2)TOC and
head(Level3)TOC.

(We've made a number of modifications to the default unformatted styles
in the reference pages, but maintained the style names).

When we want to create a PDF-file and set up the bookmarks, we go to the
FM Print Window > PDF setup > Bookmarks,
then we select to become bookmarks
head(Level1)
head(Level2)
head(Level3)

After that we create a PS-file and distill the PDF.

In the result so far we notice that not only

head(Level1)
head(Level2)
head(Level3)

appears as bookmark but also

head(Level1)TOC
head(Level2)TOC
head(Level3)TOC

It is as if head(Level1),  head(Level3), head(Level3)  have a wildcard
so that also elements with a suffix added to these respective names are
used for bookmarks.

Is this a known problem?

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,