QA wants unique edition number in changed footers

Andersen, Verner Engell VEA verner.andersen at radiometer.dk
Wed Jan 31 07:41:18 PST 2007

Hi
I am using unstructured Framemaker 7.2

All my FM book files contain all master pages, all variables, all reference pages etc. This means that if you accidentially copy formats from one file to anoter nothing will go wrong.

My edition number in the footer is simply a global variable. Now the QA Department wants each chapter to have an editon number according to when changes were made. This means that some chapters have edition k, others edition l and so forth.

Have you any idea of how I can have the various edition numbers in footer of each chapter page and still have the possibility of importing all formats from all files without messing things up?

I want to avoid specific master pages for each chapter.

Regards,
Verner Andersen
Technical Writer

Radiometer Medical ApS