FrameMaker 5.5.6 > Word > InDesign help needed

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Wed Jan 31 06:40:59 PST 2007

An approach I've used a lot when I don't have the source files for
graphics in a Word file I need to convert to FrameMaker is to
select just the graphic and use the Selection option and the
Adobe PDF printer in the Print dialog to make a PDF of the
graphic. I then open the PDF in Acrobat sand use the
Document>Crop command to crop away the whitespace.
Using that PDF in FrameMaker produces results that print
just as well as they do in the Word document because the
Adobe PDF printer captures all the benefits of Word's "Deep
Juju". As Dov noted, the placed PDF is converted to EPS
when you print the FrameMaker document, and you have
the added benefit of a *much* better on-screen rendition of
the graphic in FrameMaker.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ