Using A4 and A3 pages

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Fri Jul 6 04:53:40 PDT 2007

Donald,

You wrote:

>My question is "Can I have an A4 page as well as an A3 page within the
>same file using Master Page? If so how do I set it up?

If the final deliverable is PDF, you can set up you file to use the A3 page
size, and have two master pages - one used for A3 pages, the other for A4
pages (with PDF cropping commands embedded
in the page).

Depending on page layout, it may also be possible to achieve this with a
single master page.

For a sample PDF demonstrating mixed page sizes, see
http://www.microtype.com/showcase/MixedPageSize.pdf (163K)
[cropping commands inserted through hypertext markers with the
FrameMaker-to-Acrobat TimeSavers add-on; a single master page is used in
all pages]

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants