Paragraph numbering issue

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 9 20:11:13 PDT 2007

It sounds to me like you have the book file has the numbering
properties set to restart the paragraph numbering in each chapter
files. It's important to remember that numbering properties set
in the book file (by highlighting components in the book window,
then right-clicking and shoosing Numbering Properties in the
context menu) override any settings that are made in the
individual files so that you can use the same component files
in multiple books that may have different numbering setups.

And are you remembering to execute the Update Book command
to refresh all the numbering after you make any changes in the
book-level numbering properties? The numbering does not update
on the fly when you chang ethe setup; you must explicitly tell
FrameMaker to perform the update.

-Fred Ridder