Text Inset?

J. Paul Kent jopakent at comcast.net
Thu Jul 19 06:26:55 PDT 2007

I've never used a text inset before, but I may be up against it.

I need to include a heavily formatted (tables, single and double columns,
heading levels that make zero sense) 20 page Word document as an Appendix to
an Operators Manual. It would have a standard Appendix title, header,
footer, etc, but otherwise it must appear as close as possible to the
existing document.

I know I could convert the Word doc, but it would take time that we don't
have. I'm wondering what would happen if I used the Word doc as an inset and
flowed it into a blank Appendix, set up with a title, header and footer.
When I select Word text, I see in the Paste Special options: Embedded MS
Word Object and Linked MS Word Object. Would one of these start me down the
right track?

I'm pretty sure I can do without the headers and footers from the existing
doc. I wonder what would happen if I just select all of the text and then
Paste it into a blank Appendix?

Sorry if these are obvious questions, but I need to NOT spend time
experimenting if I can help it.

Thanks in advance.
J. Paul Kent