deleting backup files

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 23 12:46:43 PDT 2007

I know it's not an answer to the question you are asking, but my
advice would be to eliminate the .backup files from the outset by
turning off the "automatic backup on save" option. I find this
feature to be largely useless because the .backup file it is *not*
really a backup. Rather, it is simply a renamed copy of the *last*
*saved* version of the file. If you work for an hour before saving,
for example, your "backup" will be an hour out of date, which
can be a big difference. Yes, I suppose it's better than nothing
if the working file gets completely destroyed, but in 8 years of
using FrameMaker that has never happened to me.

I do recommend the "autosave" option, on the other hand. That
feature has saved my bacon on several occasions when FrameMaker
has exited unexpectedly.

My opinions only; I don;t speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder
Intel Corp.
formerly of Parsippany, NJ