Add call to animation in Fm 7.2 document

Stephen O'Brien sobrien at innovmetric.com
Tue Jul 24 13:29:53 PDT 2007

Hi,

Our Tech Support staff has made several
animations in Adobe Captivate as the main tool to
teach our users certain functionalities.
Captivate generates output in .SWF + .HTML or
.EXE (FlashPlayer wrapped with the .SWF file)
format) but not .AVI or other common formats.

I will make a prodecural document in FM to give
the user the work context and convert it to PDF.
I cannot add the animations to the FM file
because File > Import > Object does not accept
those formats. And the hypertext command that can
launch an applicatio in FrameMaker does not work once PDFed.

I know I can simply add buttons to the FM
document and convert to PDF, and then link the
button areas to the .SWF, .HTML, or > EXE files.
But each time I redo the PDF I will lose the
links made to the external files. Our goal is to
send our document out to specific users and have
them test it - there will be several iterations
of this tool and many new PDF documents generated. i will go lonk crazy!

Do you  have any suggestions? is there a better way to do this?

Many thanks for your ideas!

Stephen O'Brien
Technical Writer / Rédacteur technique
InnovMetric Software Inc. / InnovMetric Logiciels inc.
2014, Cyrille-Duquet, suite 310
Québec (Québec) Canada G1N 4N6

Tel.: (418) 688-2061
Fax: (418) 688-3001
E-mail: sobrien at innovmetric.com
www.innovmetric.com

PolyWorks, the Universal 3D Metrology Software Platform for Manufacturing (TM)