Text Flow and Figure Numbering Issue

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 10:28:41 PDT 2007

If the App Note is an active document, why not just import it instead
of copying it into your chapter. You'd have the option of using the
Chapter's settings, which I surmise would solve the numbering
problem... Unless, of course, the author of the App Note did something
exciting like numbering things manually.

Art

On 6/6/07, Sam Beard <sbeard at oico.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>

>    Please forgive the cross-posting, but I thought it best to post to
> both lists to get the answer. I'm using Frame 7.2 on Windows XP.
>

>    I'm working on a chapter to a user's manual. In this chapter, I
> copied and pasted in another document that serves as a technical note,
> basically, when on its own. In my chapter, I'm adding it in to a
> maintenance chapter. This document has one anchored frame in it that has
> two graphics side by side, with figure title paragraphs below them. The
> problem is that they're not in the same flow as the rest of the document
> and, hence, the numbering is being thrown off. They're listed as numbers
> 7.8 and 7.9, with the appropriate cross-references to them in the text.
> However, they SHOULD be numbered 7.13 and 7.14. I tried to connect the
> text flows so the numbering would get corrected, but Frame won't let me
> do that, probably because they are in text boxes inside an anchored
> frame. So, how do I either connect them to the text flow of the rest of
> the document or, at the least, change the numbers so they match up with
> the rest of the document and don't throw off my numbering?
>

>    Thanks much in advance for the help!
>

> Samuel I. Beard, Jr.
>
> Technical Writer
>
> OI Analytical