system variables inside a user variable?

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Wed Jun 13 14:18:34 PDT 2007

As others have noted, it is not possible to use system variables
within user variables, nor is it possible to define additional new
system variables. But I have to say that I really don’t see that
what you are trying to do provides that much utility. Globally
updating a regular user variable that contains the year across
all files in a book takes only a few minutes, even for a large
book, and you only need to change the value once a year.
A manual solution works fine for me in this situation.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ