Frame crashes when creating PDF

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 13:05:49 PDT 2007

Configuration:

   - FrameMaker 7.2 with DITA App Pack
   - Windows XP
   - Acrobat Distiller 6 with Dov's recommended Job Options
   - Adobe PDF printer driver instance, settings configured as
   recommended by Dov (Graphic > Print Quality: 600 dpi etc.)

This configuration has always worked for me, but lately, every time I create
a PDF file for the first time, Frame crashes, regardless whether I print a
single file (any file) or a book, using Save as PDF or print to the Adobe
PDF printer driver instance.

I delete the C:\WINDOWS\system32\FNTCACHE.DAT file and reboot, and then
everything works fine again.

So okay, this is my workaround, but I'm wondering: isn't there a permanent
fix for this problem?

Thanks in advance.