Can't Change Paragraph Tag

Parcell, Michelle Michelle_Parcell at G1.com
Wed Jun 20 06:11:42 PDT 2007

Thanks, Steve and Kimber, for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the problem was that I *couldn't* remove it or change it - the tag wouldn't let me manipulate it in any way. However, Winfried Reng did provide a solution that worked and for which I am very grateful:

Check in the MIF file whether this H1 paragraph at the end
of the chapter has a property <PgfLocked Yes>. Set this to No,
save the MIF file, reopen and see, whether you can change the
paragraph format.

Thanks again, Winfried!

Michelle

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Rickaby [mailto:srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 12:49 AM
To: Parcell, Michelle; framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Can't Change Paragraph Tag

At 10:44 -0400 19/6/07, Parcell, Michelle wrote:

>Hello, all. I'm having a problem removing or changing a paragraph tag. It's at the end of a chapter and is a Heading 1 tag, which means my TOC is picking it up as a blank H1 at the end of the chapter. Of course I can manually remove that line from the TOC, but we use AutoMap to generate our PDFs, which are then placed in a repository, so that's not the ideal way to handle this. We've tried removing it in the MIF version but that doesn't help either. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, and since I'm on digest and under deadline, I would also appreciate responses being sent to me directly at michelle_parcell at g1.com.

Am I being obtuse here? You have an extraneous blank H1 at the end of a chapter that is messing with your TOC? Why not just remove the H1, or change it to another tag? In the document? [Can't see the need for MIF manipulation here.] Or does it keep coming back?

There must be more to this, but I'm only on my second strong coffee of the day...

--
Steve

NOTICE: This E-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not
the addressee or the intended recipient please do not read this E-mail
and please immediately delete this e-mail message and any attachments
from your workstation or network mail system. If you are the addressee
or the intended recipient and you save or print a copy of this E-mail,
please place it in an appropriate file, depending on whether
confidential information is contained in the message.