FM v. RoboHelp

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Jun 20 12:15:59 PDT 2007

John Sgammato wrote:
> I think you're right on, Lin.
> You know the tools you need to produce your deliverables.
> I don't tell my plumber what kind of wrench to use...
>
> john

Sounds more like a case of "I don't tell my plumber which voltmeter to
use..."

Does Mr./Ms. Quality understand why "Help" is in the RoboHelp name?  Why
on earth would you choose such a tool to create a whole list of
deliverables *none of which* is Help??  (Because when all you have is a
hammer, everything looks like nails...)

You're right to stick to your guns, Lin -- you're using the best tool
there is for the job you have to do.  It would be very foolish and
counterproductive indeed to standardize on RH for your deliverables.

Good luck!
stuart

Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator
Phoenix Geophysics Limited
Toronto, ON, Canada
+1 (416) 491-7340 x 325

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical writers explain How to Work the Product."