Help cross-referencing two autonumbered series

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Mon Jun 25 12:51:54 PDT 2007

According to the FrameMaker documentation, there is a building
block for cross-references that is of the form <$paranum[paratag]>,
which is specifically designed for this kind of situation. This building
block will pick up the numbering of the last preceding paragraph
that is tagged with the "paratag" tag. If you add this building block
to your x-ref format (substituting the actual tag name of your parent
step, of course) you should be home free.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ