Conditions that won't go away

rebecca officer rebecca.officer at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Wed Mar 7 18:01:52 PST 2007

I have dim memories of a plug-in for clearing condition tags from
books.

Failing that, you can delete the tag out of the book by saving the book
as a MIF file, opening it in a text editor, searching for the tag's
definition in the condition catalog, and deleting it.

After you've done that, check that the tag hasn't snuck back into your
files. Also check generated files, backups (delete the book backup
file), templates etc.

It can be really hard to get rid of a condition tag permanently!

Cheers, Rebecca

>>> "Martinek, Carla" <CMartinek at zebra.com> 8/03/07 04:55 >>>
OK, I'm stumped.  Here's the situation:

I used Framescript to rename a conditional tag before I send a set of
book files out to someone else (renamed it to something making more
sense.)  For this email, consider the tags as OLDTAG and NEWTAG.

I then deleted all unused condition tags using the PGFWhopper plugin.
OLDTAG showed as one of the tags that was deleted, and OLDTAG no
longer
exists in ANY document in the book (I checked each file to make sure).
When I check the text with the condition applied, it shows as NEWTAG

However, when I go to show/hide conditions at the book level, OLDTAG
still shows there, and NEWTAG does not.  I've generated/updated the
book
file, saved all the files, closed and restarted Frame, and it's still
happening.

Any suggestions?

-Carla

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may
also be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive
this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email
and then delete this email.