Opening SGML

Serge De Beil serge at mediactief.be
Thu Mar 8 01:47:31 PST 2007

Hello,

For a new project, we receive a SGML file from our customer.
This SGML file is an export from a database.
What do I need to "parse" this SGML file to Framemaker?

What I've tried is following:
I start Framemaker in Structured Mode.
When I "open" the SGML file, I just get a plain text with all the
SGML codes in it.
When I use the "Parse Structured Document" function, I'm asked which
Structured Application I want to use (DocBook, DocBook 2.1, XDocBook
and XHTML).
I choose one of them, and then I get an error "Could not find
external document type <name>".

What do I need to open or parse the SGML file in a way that I get a
decent document with all SGML codes 'interpreted'?

Many thanks in advance.
Serge