Arrow navigation in FM tables

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Thu Mar 8 12:10:09 PST 2007

Hi, John:

You can read about customizing FrameMaker's menus and keystrokes in
Customizing_FrameMaker_Products.pdf in the onlineManuals directory of
your FrameMaker installation.

When you learn the notation of FrameMaker's universal (unix-originally)
keystrokes, you'll be able to interpret the codes for table operations,
and other stuff, too, that's listed in the command files. FrameMaker has
keystroke sequences that are mostly mnemonic, for almost everything you
can do with mice and menus.

Briefly, for some table operations:

NOTE: In this notation, "!" represents the Escape key.
NOTE: To perform an action, tap the keys in sequence; don't hold them
down in combinations.
NOTE: Case matters.

To move around in a table:

! t m r (table move insertion pointer right one cell)
! t m l (table move insertion pointer left one cell) (l is lowercase ell)

To select in a table:

NOTE: To get the best mnemonic value from these sequences, think of
"Highlight" rather than "Select"

! t h e (table highlight entry; that is, current cell)
! t h r (table highlight row)
! t h t (table highlight table)

HTH
Regards,