Eliminate blank line?

Fri Mar 9 11:42:21 PST 2007

Murray Moore wrote:

> But the Description text inset, because it must have
> formatting, is a FrameMaker file. The problem is, when the FM
> file is imported into the Description cell, the imported text
> plus an empty line fills the cell.
> Description FM inset looks like this:
>
> ------------------------ [top border of cell] FM text FM text FM text
>                          [blank line]
> ------------------------ [bottom  border of cell]
>
> What to do to eliminate the blank line?

It doesn't work like the plain text import because you're bringing in an
FM paragraph object, complete with its "carriage return," space below,
etc. A text inset has a text location, which is the existing pgf in the
cell. So you end up with at least two pgf objects -- one or more in the
text inset, plus the one that contains the text inset.

Stuart just now beat me to the run-in head solution. So I'll add one
caution to his second solution. Actually, it's something you should
always do when using FM-source text insets: Make sure there is something
-- text or a space -- between the text inset and the end of the pgf into
which you import it.

It's an annoying FM bug: If the text inset is the only thing (or last
thing) in its "container" pgf, the container pgf takes on the pgf format
of the first pgf in the text inset. If the text inset starts with a big
heading, this causes some serious spacing grief.

HTH!
Richard

------
Richard G. Combs