Structure too complex for TOC? Any tool or help out there?

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 05:05:53 PDT 2007

Thanks Lynne,

You are (as always) quite right. :-)

For the Chapter I just change to Title. No problem there.

For the Sections I have set the levels in the section elements and
also the type of section (Regular or Appendix), so this is where the
Section([level#])TOC comes from, but the formatting based on the
Section levels (the indentation etc) is done in the Head element. What
puzzles me is how would I combine the level setting of Head and the
level formatting of/in the same element. I have not seen any
_examples_ of that in e.g. the Structure Application Developer's
Guide. I need the level rules for the TOC, don't I?

I am trying this out as I write. I can change the level setting from
Section to Head by only counting ancestors Section in the Head
element? Would that be right? It seems to me that a level rule setting
the context label does not allow for a sub rule. So the question is:
Is it allowed and working to have two different level rules elements,
one setting the context lables and one setting a subrule for different
attributes of the parent element (Section)?

Yes. This works!

Now <$paranum> (in the TOC Ref page) also works.

Thanks again, Lynne.

Bodvar