Framemaker stalls at install

Mike Wickham mewickham at compuserve.com
Tue Mar 13 15:03:37 PDT 2007

> One of our users has been getting the following error message when
attempting to open FrameMaker. We went into programs and did the
"Add/Remove" for the existing FrameMaker, and then installed the new
FrameMaker 7.0. <

You left out the error message. Your message header says failure at
installation, but the text says failure when opening the program.

1. If installation failure, I have a vague recollection of some having
problems with the autorun version of install. Going to the CD and running
setup.exe directly was the fix.

2. If the problem is when opening, you probably just need the patch that was
issued for Windows XP. It fixed crashes that happened when attempting to
open a file that had links to missing or moved files. You can find it on the
Adobe site, but you have to go to the updates for 7.2 and it will be listed
lower down the page.

Mike Wickham