OT: Tech Writers & Wikis

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 19 03:38:55 PDT 2007

At 18:39 -0700 18/3/07, Whites wrote:

>For starters, to the guy at SFSU trying to learn how to write, take another run at that sentence: "I am writing a white paper for my class, and I'm searching for writers who use wikis."

Deconstruct, please, Will... ;-) Is it the comma before the conjunction you object to? Or the mix of the colloquial 'I'm' with the formal 'I am'? Or what? Bad style?

For Diane, your pal could contact the ISTC via <http://www.istc.org.uk>. The ISTC has published several articles in recent years by writers with experience of rolling out - or rolling up - wikis in medium-size corporations that have highlighted the pros and cons well, and they may be able to put you in touch with said authors.

(We can't reply directly to Dennis, as only the mail group he's used has been given here.)

I appreciate that this probably won't help with the person-to-person aspect, but a web chat would be as good, surely?

--
Steve