OT: Business insurance for independent contractors

Matt Sullivan matt at grafixtraining.com
Tue May 1 09:24:25 PDT 2007

Business liability insurance is usually quite expensive for what you get,
but I got great advice from an insurance pal...

For those only needing self-coverage, attach a business rider to a homeowner
or renter policy. If you already carry such insurance, the increase in rates
is maybe 1/3 compared to a full policy and can give the exact coverage
needed.

If you don't already have some sort of personal property insurance, here's a
great excuse to cover things like engagement rings, watches, etc.

I think adding the business coverage along with items over my normal policy
limits was about 1/2 my previous business policy.

If anybody needs direct advice, I "know a guy"
Contact me off list if you'd like to email him.

-Matt Sullivan

GRAFIX Training, Inc.

An Adobe Authorized Training Center

www.grafixtraining.com