one more question -Fame vs. ArborText

Diane Gaskill dgcaller at earthlink.net
Tue May 1 12:09:17 PDT 2007

Hi all,

First, thanks to everyone who responded to my email on this topic. The
information is very helpful and I really do appreciate that you took the
time to respond.

One of the responses I received mentioned that the company had set up a
process to author in AT but was using FM to print because the AT print
engine is so slow.  So, apparently FM can import the XML that is generated
by AT, display it, and print to PDF.  Great.

Regarding that, I have a couple of XML-newbie questions.

What if you wanted to edit an AT-generated XML file in FM, or vice-versa?
The authoring tools are very different and do not have the same features.
Does XML somhow get around that?  (I know, that was two questions. :-)

Thanks lots.

Diane