one more question -Fame vs. ArborText

Allen, Richard (Raytheon) Richard.Allen at USPTO.GOV
Tue May 1 12:20:42 PDT 2007

The short answer is YES XML gets around all of that.

The long answer is that an application must be created in AT and a
separate application must be created in FM.  Setting up these
applications is usually a non-trivial effort.

BTW any XML compliant product, including IE, will be able to use the
very same XML document instance regardless of what application was used
in creation or editing.  The application that needs to be created for IE
is an XSL style sheet which will almost certainly use XSLT.  There are
XML to PDF products which have nothing to do with FM.

An XML document instance is void of formatting.  Formatting is left to
the application, AT or FM or IE or...

This message contains information that may be confidential and
privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive mail
for the addressee), you should not use, copy or disclose to anyone this
message or any information contained in this message. If you have
received this message in error, please so advise the sender by reply
e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.