Frame 7.2 crashes with Acrobat 8 Pro

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Thu May 3 23:25:02 PDT 2007

Hi Jay,

I have the same problem, but with Acrobat 6. I'm also using Frame
7.2unstructured in Windows XP Pro SP2 and I've also followed Dov's
recommendations to set up my Adobe PDF printer driver instance and Adobe PDF
Settings (Job Options).

This is what happens (sometimes):

   1. I try to create a PDF of a Frame book (using Print to PDF or Save
   as): Frame crashes (Internal error, bla bla bla).
   2. I try to create a PDF of a single chapter: Frame crashes too.
   3. I open the same book or file in FrameMaker 7.0: everything's fine
   there, I can create a PDF without any problems.
   4. I open the book or file in Frame 7.2 again: everything's fine now,
   I can create a PDF too.

Indeed, very strange behavior, but I think FrameMaker 7.2 (or maybe some
plug-in?) is the problem, not Acrobat, because everything works fine with
FrameMaker 7.0.

I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed when I create a PDF from Frame
7.2and hope for the best with Frame
8.0 this summer. ;-)

Cheers

--