Automating the application of Master Pages

Michael Müller-Hillebrand info at cap-studio.de
Fri May 4 14:53:31 PDT 2007

Well, one different opinion here:

I like it very much to have a single template for all documents in a
book. It is also the way FrameMaker Structure Applications work, so it
is a good preparation for your future migration to structured FrameMaker.

Rick's comment about the deletion of extra pages is correct. But the
automatic assignment of master pages first sets all pages to the default
Left/Right and then assigns any custom pages. So for a TOC you could
define rules for the (unique) TOC paragraph formats to switch to the
custom masterpages in "single page" mode. Any extraneous pages will then
be deleted automatically. I hope.

Especially since I use custom scripts to do multi-language template
maintenance, I always use a single template.

- Michael