Automating the application of Master Pages

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Sat May 5 02:19:15 PDT 2007

At 23:53 +0200 4/5/07, Michael Müller-Hillebrand wrote:

>So for a TOC you could define rules for the (unique) TOC paragraph formats to switch to the custom masterpages in "single page" mode.

This is true, and your approach is valid. However, it is perhaps a special case, particularly as the original poster, Alexandra Wilowska, is using unstructured FrameMaker, making this solution inaccessible to her.

It would be interesting to see if a consensus of 'best practise' appears over master page maintenance for books. It is a parallel argument to the one about maintaining paragraph and character tags per-document vs. book-wide - another issue I can never really decide on myself.

--
Steve