How many FM users are there?

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Wed May 9 04:33:09 PDT 2007

FrameMaker licenses on UNIX can be "shared" or "personal."
Users can check out a shared license when they need it, then
check it back in when they're done. Depending on demand, the
number of users of a single shared license can vary, so it's
difficult to be precise.

Personal licenses are assigned to an individual login. This
can be an individual user, or a login that can be used by more
than one user, but the restriction is one logged-in user at a
time. Again, this makes a precise estimate difficult to attain.

A shared licenses costs about twice the price of a personal
licenses.
Regards,

Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices