Missing Characters in PDF

Alison Carrico acarrico at adamsglobalization.com
Wed May 16 13:59:25 PDT 2007

I have an intermittent, but incredibly annoying, problem with PDFs
printed from Frame missing large chunks of text at random.  Sometimes it
is  just a few words out of a paragraph, sometimes it's the whole
paragraph. Some time ago, I found an article on Adobe's support site
that addressed the issue, but I can no longer reach that page. The
"Knowledge Base" search returns a link to it, but the link gives a "page
not found" error (quite a number of pages return errors).

One of the solutions was to change the Graphic Print Quality setting in
the printer properties to 300 dpi, which works some of the time.
Sometimes, I can restart either Frame or my machine and print
successfully. Sometimes I can use a different machine.  Sometimes, I can
save the file as MIF and print.  Unfortunately, not one of these tricks
always works so I'm looking for a more reliable workaround or perhaps
(dare I hope?) even a permanent solution.

Is anyone familiar with this problem?  Any help would be much
appreciated.

Thanks!

alison

(I'm running Frame 7.1 on Windows XP with all the latest updates &
printing with Adobe PDF Converter, driver PSCRIPT5.dll version 5.02.)