How many FM users are there?

Maxwell Hoffmann mhoffmann at translate.com
Thu May 17 10:36:55 PDT 2007

Hello Gillian,

Before answering your questions as best I can, anyone who is interested in testing the beta version of the next release of FrameMaker should send an email to this address:
framemaker-beta at adobe.com

Adobe has not officially announced what the release will be called, but as a beta-tester I can tell you that it definitely is not just a "point" release. To me, the functionality is substantial enough to warrant a "major release" status.

Several Adobe employees at the STC conference indicated that this new release will be shipping before the end of the year. Incidentally, several Adobe engineers who work on FrameMaker were present soliciting feedback from conference attendees, and I was very impressed with their grasp of the product. It was clear that these engineers had already read through many of the wish lists posted on this mail list to get a sense of priorities. (Naturally, the next release won't deliver "everything.") I felt that Adobe showed a solid commitment to FrameMaker by the amount of staff and resources that they invested in this year's Annual STC Conference.

By the way, at one of the sneak peeks Adobe also showed the much improved import of FrameMaker documents into the upcoming version of RoboHelp.

If anyone else has questions about the next release, my advice is to send a request to "framemaker-beta at adobe.com" that you would like to become a beta tester.

Maxwell Hoffmann
Manager of Consulting & Training Solutions
ENLASO Corporation
T: 805 494 9571 * F: 805 435 1920
E: mhoffmann at translate.com ♦ ENLASO Corporation provides quality enterprise language solutions and exceeds client expectations through continuing research, development, and implementation of effective localization processes and technologies.  Visit: www.translate.com for more information or to subscribe to our complimentary localization newsletter.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/maxwellhoffmann

Any idea of when the next version of Frame will be released? Will it be 7.3 or 8.0?

-Gillian