OT: Adobe Designer

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Tue May 22 13:22:22 PDT 2007

Gillian Flato wrote:
> Off-Topic post on Adobe Designer.
>
> I am designing a form in Adobe Designer. All I want to do is have a
> numeric cell that adds up three other cells and displays the sum. I am
> trying to use FormCalc but I'm not doing it correctly.
>
> Does anyone know the proper script language in FormCalc to use to add up
> three cells, which includes, how do I identify the three cells?
> According to the help, which sucks, I should use the following:Sum(n1 [,
> n2 ...]) I tried the formila this way:
>
> Sum(NumericField1 [, NumericField2, NumericField3]) and I get error
> messages. So if anyone can offer some help, it would be much
> appreciated.

Gillian,

I've never used Designer, but I'd say, try leaving out the square
brackets.  In most such documents, they indicate optional items, so in
this case the Help writer is saying that if you have more than one item
to sum, separate the items with commas.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

I'll stop saying Microsoft is arrogant when
Windows stops saying "Welcome" and instead says "May I?"