Book Pagination Issue

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue May 22 18:26:01 PDT 2007

Look at it this way.

FrameMaker emulates the real world. In the example below ch1 finishes on an
even page, and ch2 starts on the right
ch1
1-2, 3-4, 5-6
ch2
7-8, 9-10, 1-12

If you decide to have no blank pages ch1 finishes in this example on the right
and ch2 starts on the left
ch1
1-2, 3-4, 5
ch2
6-7, 7-8, 9-10

What you can't have is a one sided piece of paper. That is, all sheets of
paper have two sides. It is a physical impossibility to have a piece of paper
with only one side and FrameMaker cannot be allowed to permit such a thing
when setting up pagination rules.

Alan